Monday, April 26, 2010

Lets 'Er Rip!

I’ve always wondered how many precious minutes and hours of my life I’ve lost while been locked up in the privacy of my bathroom warming up my Sally Hanson wax pot, preparing to coif my seemingly uncoiffable bikini region. I usually wonder this while doing deep breathing exercises while wishing I had a glass of vodka to scull down and enjoying the last few precious peaceful seconds before pulling off the strip .

You probably know the rest of the story as this may have happen to you once or twice before. The strips comes off with three measly hairs, the wax gets caught on some hair that I wasn’t expecting to remove and your left with a Sally Hanson wax strip dangling between your legs. After enduring the pain of yanking that off, I realize that I now have a couple of bald spots in places I did not want to be bald.

So when my girl friend was talking about booking her next Brazilian wax I offered to come along and some what try it out. For years I’ve heard and read horror stories of the Brazilian wax. Getting out on all fours, raising a leg like a dog peeing on a tree, spreading your butt cheeks to allow a complete stranger to apply hot wax in the most private crevices of my body; this was not a thing I need to rush out and experience. But only leaving once I decided to go out there endure the un imaginable. Summoning my courage, I decided to join my friend and book an appointment.

The salon is located in St Leonards, upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly staff who led me to a almost private room. Inside the room I was told to strip down. As I began to unbuttoning my jeans I had assume I would be left alone to take my clothes off but instead to my horror I found that I had an audience, the friendly staff member was there watching my every move. “Shit!” I thought, “I have to undress in front of her! Kill me NOW!” I laughed nervously as I bounced from one leg to the other to remove my jeans.

There I was my womanliness fully exposed for a stranger on a table. As she prepared the wax, I had a horrible, sick feeling. I wont sugar coat the remainder of the story for you, the removal of my hair at the top of “V” hurt like a mother. But I had faith that the tiny little lady knew what she was doing and she did it quickly and as I later saw perfectly.
The next phase was something I dreaded even more. She’d be removing the hair further down, in the labia region. “Sweet Jesus, where’s the vodka when you need it?” as I thought knowing any minute now the wax would be pulled off! For this, she pushed down both my legs forming a somewhat diamond shape. I felt beyond exposed! I readied myself for the most horrible of my life, at this point I’m sweating bullets. As I felt the heat of the wax, I wished for a leather strap to bite on. I tried to play games on my phone… then rrriiipp to my surprise it wasn’t that bad nor was it pleasant! As I relaxed I assume the remainder of the waxing would be some what similar but boy was that an under statement! The following could not have hurt even more, I almost positive that this is what child birth would feel like! Ohh the pain! I felt as though my entire body was on fire, but this did not last long. Another couple of rips and I was done!

My learning is this: its not as bad as you think, sure it does hurt but its over before you know it. If you get your eyebrows, under arms, arms lips or any form of waxing you most likely withstand the pain on a Brazilian. If you’re remotely curious, I say go for it! But do a little homework and go somewhere either your friend have been or somewhere reputable so your not crouching down on all fours! I can confirm that It feel great to give this area a little care and love!


- By Severine Duval

0 comments:

Post a Comment